Experiences,

August

September 07, 2022 J. 0 Comments


For many years I hated August
I thought it came around to test me in ways I did not want to be tested 
To challenge the boundaries of my sanity
And leave bloody fingerprints on the walls of my sanctuary.
I have had my heart broken in August, twice
My turbulent love waltz began in August all those years ago
And in true form crumbled in another August almost a decade later.

A lot of huge (unpleasant) changes in my life have occurred in August
Changes i didn't like or want
Changes that demanded more from me than i was willing to give
Changes that forced me out of my comfort zone
Changes that left me broken on the bathroom floor 
Trying to glue myself back together 
Yeah, I definitely hated August.

But this August, 
The thirty-first one I have experienced, came with a realisation.
August does not come to break and torment me 
It comes to transform and rebuild me
and transformation is never pretty.

Here’s to this August.
The first one I have ever liked not hated.


Juicy Raindrops! ♡
0707 030922

You Might Also Like

0 comments: