2010-090314

March 09, 2014 J. 2 Comments

Guess who only just stared watching "Criminal Minds"? 

I had to quit on "Bitten", it wasn't really my kind of show and it reminded me too much of "True Blood" which I hadn't been able to stomach either. So that's a bust. Anyway I've found a replacement show. Also, with "The Vampire Diaries" ending soon I've started watching "Witches of East End". I hope it's a suitable replacement. 

Now I know that one would wonder where in the world I get the time to watch all these shows between working 8-5 and studying for the MCAT. It's simple really, I've haven't been to work in about two weeks because all The Hospital Staff (excluding doctors) are on strike. 
 I haven't wanted to mention the strike because then I'd have to talk about the Nigerian government and politics and God knows that there will be no end to it. I don't want to be just another blogger who complains and whines about our nation's problems while doing nothing about it. And I do not find it funny either so I can't make jokes about it. Or maybe I simply do not possess a certain kind of humor. Whatever the case, The Hospital staff are on strike. They have demands and they want to be taken seriously by the Federal Government and because of that I have been at home, having too much time to listen to those voices in my head. That's where the shows come in. The more time I spend watching (and reading a few novels here and there), the less time I have to actually let my idle mind wander. 

But I do think about the patients left behind.. those that had been on admission particularly. I went to The Hospital last Wednesday and it was a ghost town. There was no one about. Not even the cleaning crew. It depressed me and I haven't returned since. I am not burying my head in the sand. There is just nothing that i can do. A hard pill to swallow, yes, but that's the truth of it. I am just a lowly intern there not even a full time staff. And this goes all the way to the top of the hierarchical ladder.  

I despise this feeling of helplessness. I really do. See why I didn't want to talk about this? Now I'm feeling all funky inside. Sigh. 

Juicy Raindrops! 

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you just started criminal minds. It is like one of the best shows on TV. it get's a bit slow for a short period at some point but it quickly picks up :)
    Another good one is bones.
    About the strike, it breaks my heart to think of all the sick people without aid all because of some greedy 'public servant'. The irony of it is unsettling. The public sure isn't benefiting. I hope you get to go back to work soon and the hospitals are up and running again.

    Meera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a late recruit. I knew of the show but I never knew what it was about. I do watch Bones.. One of the best things on TV really and so under appreciated.

      The strike.. What can I say? It's sad and selfish. But I heard a rumour that it'll be over soon so here's to hoping. Thanks!!

      Delete