His Vows

January 03, 2014 J. 0 Comments

..

I promise to bring you flowers regularly and without occasion.

I promise to be your valentine every February.

I promise to kiss you every morning.

I promise to spend every day from this one with you
And if i have to be away on business and you can't come along or if life interferes,
I promise it will be for only a short time.

I promise to exasperate you just enough that you get that cute little crease between your eyebrows.

I promise not to complain when you play the same song for days
or when you compulsively clean and polish every surface when you have a lot on your mind.

I hope you will let me in for I promise to always be the vice captain of your team.

I promise to always keep the cereal on the low shelves where you can reach it
And keep my Red Bull on the highest one where you never have to see it.

I promise to share my popcorn with you at the cinemas
Even though I know you don't really care for it and only insist to amuse yourself at my expense. 

I promise to always use a coaster for my drinks
but I hope you'll forgive me if in the heat of the match, I forget.

I promise to hold your hair back during those first months of pregnancy
And to let you call me any foul name imaginable while in the throes of labour.

I promise to let you call our first daughter "Cherry" like you've always wanted
But only as a middle name.

I swear to never be the source of your tears,
And when another causes them,
I promise that I will be there to catch your tear drops before they hit the floor.

I promise to read to you when you're sick or stressed
And make you hot chocolate with those little marshmallows, just the way you like it.

I promise to build you a bookshelf for your books
and to never let you suffer the agony of having to see the dentist alone.

I promise to help you comb your hair when we get much older and the muscles aren't what they were.
And I promise to always remind you of the difference between "onto" and "unto".

I promise I'll keep the nightmares away and the chills at bay
To support you, teach you and learn from you.

I promise to be, as you are to me, a lover and best friend.

This I vow today,
Forever and always.



Juicy Raindrops!

You Might Also Like