Dear Reader

1 + 1 = 1

January 05, 2014 J. 2 Comments

..

Sooo.. I'm at it again. I'm trying another diet program. I know, I know but I've promised myself that this is the last one. If this doesn't work, I'm settling in comfortably into my size 14. I wasn't going to do this one but mama pointed out that all the rest I've tried probably didn't work because i hadn't been motivated enough. She's probably right too. As much as i wouldn't mind losing a few pounds, i love my body the way it is now, but that's probably the vanity talking.

Anyway, my parents just recently celebrated their 24th wedding anniversary and it got me thinking about the whole marriage institution. I am not a fan. Or more appropriately, i don't think that most people get married for the right reasons. Explains the insane divorce rates. Basically it seems that marriage, at the moment, is just another trend and I'm not a very good trend follower.

I'm a romantic. I love the extravagance of it all. And someday i will meet the love of my life, settle down and have a couple of kids with him. And it would be forever and always. But i will not buy a wedding dress, pick out my wedding colors, venue, stationary and the whole enchilada .. without a groom. Or fiance. Or even a serious boyfriend. i don't want to paint a picture and then fit my man into it, i want to meet my man and then paint a picture around us. But that's just me.

I know that marriage isn't easy. I've seen enough of the good and bad to know. The merging of two to become one takes time and truck loads of patience... sometimes with a stack of chips betting against you. But I've also seen it work where it simply shouldn't have (Ref: The Calvins). Like with all relationships, it takes two.

Anyway this one is for anyone who has somehow managed to keep their relationship/marriage going way, way, waaaaaaaaaaaayy past the honeymoon phase. For couples who have made it work through the highs and lows.. you inspire me.

P.s
Don't mind the changing backgrounds. I've had a ton of free time on my hands so I've been tweaking.

Juicy Raindrops!

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. I stumbled across your blog a few days ago and opened a tab for it, but I didn't get to check it out until now and I gotta say I'm glad I did. I loved reading your posts and We have the same views on weddings and how we don't follow trends just for the sake of it :) Looking forward to reading your stuff. P.S I also found out you read my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by! :)
      I also found your blog not too long ago and I love reading it! Your Korean training has inspired me to learn Italian on my own. :) I've always wanted to, but never had the motivation to actually go looking for a teacher. Now I don't have to! :D Technology is a beautiful thing, isn't it?
      Welcome aboard!

      J.

      Delete