I love you because

February 14, 2014 J. 2 Comments

..

I love you..
Because the sun shines and then darkness falls. 
Because the sky weeps sometimes and stars twinkle against a dark blue canvas. 
Because whether you accept it or not, Naruto has whiskers. 

I love you 
Because I think of you and I smile. 
Because in your eyes I find acceptance, comfort and adoration. 
Because when you are away, I feel like I've been separated from a piece of me
- An arm, a leg, or a heart. 

I love you
Because of the way I feel in your arms
And the way you feel in mine.
Because you recognize that I'm different but you love me the way I am.   

I love you 
Because you're you and I'm me. 
Because I count the hours till we meet.
Because carbon has 12 atoms, Saturn has 7 rings and Hasna Hena blooms only at night. 

I love you
Because I don't have to remind you to get the milk. 
Because you warm my cold hands and feet 
And trace lines along my back when you think I'm asleep. 

I love you 
Because of your slight snore. 
Because when I'm in a crowded place, I search for and hold your eyes and you hold mine right back
Then suddenly it seems like we are the only two people in the entire world. 

I love you 
Because you make me laugh and cry with joy. 
Because you respect my father, love my mother and have adopted my siblings.  
Because of coconut ice-cream, Sunday morning pancakes and a bookshelf. 

I love you 
Because of blue dahlias, sun sets and Venice. 
Because you help me grow as a woman and a person.
Because you cut out the cartoon sections for me from the paper. 

I love you
Because it takes Pluto 248 years to orbit the sun.
Because you know I get anxious in new places and with new people,
So you hold my hand and give it a single firm squeeze, just to remind me that I am  no longer alone. 

I love you
Because you pick the pickles out of my burger or shawarma
Because you indulged my one week depression after Smallville ended and 
Because you then got me the complete collection of 24 to placate me. 

I love you
Because you support even my most wildest of ideas.
Because of autumn leaves, sandy beaches and cotton candy.
Because you let me beat you at checkers.

I love you 
Because I see a little boy with your chin.
And a little girl with your eyes.
Apologetically, or not, both with my nappy hair. 

I love you 
Because of a white dress, blue shoes and the gold band around my finger. 
Because though I know that we someday must part, I don't want live in a world without you in it. 
So I pray ever so dearly and deeply that we are once again reunited in the afterlife. 

I love you just because. 

Happy Valentine's Day!  


You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. Awww this is just sooo mushy and cute without being over the top, just the right amount...
    I love it!!!!
    Here's to feeling this way someday....

    ReplyDelete