Oi! You! Smile!

May 05, 2011 J. 2 Comments

So I finally got to watching "Beastly" and "Fast Five" - again!! I got all mushy after the first movie (weird!) that I had to watch a bit of blood pumping action (with 3 gorgeous guys as bonus) to get back my equilibrium. Plus watching Paulie with Bin2 just HAD to be done! :)

Then we had earth-shattering Gambian food. The stuff is AMAZING!! Explosion of flavour in my mouth. Mahal, Benachin... yum, yum, YUM! It has been decided: I'm moving to Gambia, or at least getting a Gambian chef.
 *Collecting applications*

Anyway, I kept thinking of what a great time I'd had last week with the fam. How I felt physically strongER in their presence. It was home. A feeling NOT a place after all. I remember how when I started getting sad and Mama was trying to talk me out of it, I moved to the window and just then a purple van drove past. (yes, PURPLE!) and on its hood were the words, "Oi! You! Smile!"

Needless to say, I burst out laughing. And ever since that moment when the boogieman struggles to break out, I just think of those three little words (which I actually believe were meant for me) and I can't stop smiling. It makes one think of the good things, you know.

P.s, if I ever have a company van, every one of them will have those words on their hoods. You never know who's life you're gonna make better. :)

So to the people in the purple van, and those who own it, Arigatō!!!


Juicy Raindrops! 

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. we need to see pics of that earth-shattering Gambian food!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be sure to post some next time! :)

    ReplyDelete